firecheetahaspie wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
Tomasko579 wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
VORTIXXFAN wrote:

If the victoms will power is stronger than that of the shooter, will a Makuta Nynrah Ghost Blaster still work?

How much of a Bionicle's boody is mechanical?

1) I believe so

2) Well, the only parts we know are organic at this point are the lungs and the muscle/connecting tissue. Beyond that,  nothing else organic has been established in story to my knowledge

But their brain is also organic, right ? Maybe with some implants...

It has never been stated anywhere that their brain is organic.

Dear Mr. Farshtey,

When you were talking about the brain, I was reminded of the Mata Nui/Makuta robot. The Coliseum, the large spire shaped structure, ascended in the GSR's head. In Legends of Metru Nui, Makuta took the garden/Turaga Quarter thingy, and once the lightning bolts struck, the Great Spirit fell into a dormat state (And sustained a life-endangering cut from Voya Nui). Also, in the last BIO comic, over the smashed head of Makuta, I could vaguely distinguish the Coliseum from the smoke. Is it possible that all Matoran, Toa, and other biomechanical beings share such a spire in their brains?

I would guess no, simply because you point out, Mata Nui was purely a robot and the other MU inhabitants were not. Their brains had to be able to manipulate muscle tissue as well as mechanics, so it would make sense they would be structured differently.

vskid1 wrote:

1. Why did Takua change his name to Takanuva when he became a Toa?

 

2. Theoretically, what would happen if a Toa with control over the Elemental Power of Time were to unleash a Nova Blast?

1) As a tribute to the Toa Nuva, and because if we kept his name the same, everyone who saw leaked information on the set would have known who the seventh Toa was going to be.

3) Time is not a Toa element, so it's not really relevant.

alienduck wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
alienduck wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
botven1 wrote:
FirstJourneyman wrote:

@botven1

 

An alternate dimension couldn't "penetrate" our dimension, since it wouldn't exist on the same physical plane as ours. We would have to find some way to access it ourselves, and, as Mr. Farshtey said, we don't have the technology to do that yet.

If we might be able to acess it ourselves at one point, then it logically follows that by now a technologically advanced alternate dimension would have been able to access ours by this point. If there is an infinite number of AUs, then there would be one that is filled with beings set on destroying every other dimension. We would have collided by now.

 

 

You're assuming this civilization would even know to go looking. None of our scientists are working on tech to access parallel dimensions, so no reason to assume another dimension would be doing that. They might regard it as just a theory too.

But there would be a paralell dimension where people decide to not regard it as a theory, decide to pour all that resources into paralell dimesnion resource, making the right descisions along the way. And in at the very least one world, they would decide to travel to ours.

And they may have ... how would we know? But "travel" is not the same as "invade."

In one universe, they would decide to invade.

Why? Think about it -- we can't get everyone in the US to agree on anything, so how would an entire reality agree on the need to invade a reality that has done nothing to them? And if they are that militaristic, isn't it also possible they would be too busy fighting among themselves to attack another reality?

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
firecheetahaspie wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
Tomasko579 wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
VORTIXXFAN wrote:

If the victoms will power is stronger than that of the shooter, will a Makuta Nynrah Ghost Blaster still work?

How much of a Bionicle's boody is mechanical?

1) I believe so

2) Well, the only parts we know are organic at this point are the lungs and the muscle/connecting tissue. Beyond that,  nothing else organic has been established in story to my knowledge

But their brain is also organic, right ? Maybe with some implants...

It has never been stated anywhere that their brain is organic.

Dear Mr. Farshtey,

When you were talking about the brain, I was reminded of the Mata Nui/Makuta robot. The Coliseum, the large spire shaped structure, ascended in the GSR's head. In Legends of Metru Nui, Makuta took the garden/Turaga Quarter thingy, and once the lightning bolts struck, the Great Spirit fell into a dormat state (And sustained a life-endangering cut from Voya Nui). Also, in the last BIO comic, over the smashed head of Makuta, I could vaguely distinguish the Coliseum from the smoke. Is it possible that all Matoran, Toa, and other biomechanical beings share such a spire in their brains?

I would guess no, simply because you point out, Mata Nui was purely a robot and the other MU inhabitants were not. Their brains had to be able to manipulate muscle tissue as well as mechanics, so it would make sense they would be structured differently.

Is it possible that their brains are at lest partially organic ?

Tomasko579 wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
firecheetahaspie wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
Tomasko579 wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
VORTIXXFAN wrote:

If the victoms will power is stronger than that of the shooter, will a Makuta Nynrah Ghost Blaster still work?

How much of a Bionicle's boody is mechanical?

1) I believe so

2) Well, the only parts we know are organic at this point are the lungs and the muscle/connecting tissue. Beyond that,  nothing else organic has been established in story to my knowledge

But their brain is also organic, right ? Maybe with some implants...

It has never been stated anywhere that their brain is organic.

Dear Mr. Farshtey,

When you were talking about the brain, I was reminded of the Mata Nui/Makuta robot. The Coliseum, the large spire shaped structure, ascended in the GSR's head. In Legends of Metru Nui, Makuta took the garden/Turaga Quarter thingy, and once the lightning bolts struck, the Great Spirit fell into a dormat state (And sustained a life-endangering cut from Voya Nui). Also, in the last BIO comic, over the smashed head of Makuta, I could vaguely distinguish the Coliseum from the smoke. Is it possible that all Matoran, Toa, and other biomechanical beings share such a spire in their brains?

I would guess no, simply because you point out, Mata Nui was purely a robot and the other MU inhabitants were not. Their brains had to be able to manipulate muscle tissue as well as mechanics, so it would make sense they would be structured differently.

Is it possible that their brains are at lest partially organic ?

I don't want to say flat-out no, but that is how I lean.

Hi again! A couple questions have come up on BS01 regarding the Toa Mata's tools. Were Gali's hooks just tools, or were they part of her hands? Also, were Pohatu's "feet additions" actually part of his feet?

 

Thanks!

Can things pass outward from a sheild created by a Hau? Like, if Tahu had activated his Hau, and then shot a ball of fire from his sword, would it be able to pass through the shield? Or is it solid even on the inside?

 

 

alienduck wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
botven1 wrote:
alienduck wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
botven1 wrote:
FirstJourneyman wrote:

@botven1

 

An alternate dimension couldn't "penetrate" our dimension, since it wouldn't exist on the same physical plane as ours. We would have to find some way to access it ourselves, and, as Mr. Farshtey said, we don't have the technology to do that yet.

If we might be able to acess it ourselves at one point, then it logically follows that by now a technologically advanced alternate dimension would have been able to access ours by this point. If there is an infinite number of AUs, then there would be one that is filled with beings set on destroying every other dimension. We would have collided by now.

 

 

You're assuming this civilization would even know to go looking. None of our scientists are working on tech to access parallel dimensions, so no reason to assume another dimension would be doing that. They might regard it as just a theory too.

But there would be a paralell dimension where people decide to not regard it as a theory, decide to pour all that resources into paralell dimesnion resource, making the right descisions along the way. And in at the very least one world, they would decide to travel to ours.

Exactly. Seeing as the possibilities are endless, we can assmune that they would have penetrated one if not more alternate dimesions by now. This therefore gives a high chance of AUs being non-existent.

 

 

I disagree. You have no way of knowing that beings from an alternative dimension have NOT traveled to ours. It could have been three people who stayed for an hour and went back. It didn't have to be a full-scale invasion.

Descisions effect everything. The descision of how to walk, move, et cetera, would lead to these paralell universe transportations existant at literally every location, at every time, and in every universe.

 

My head hurts now. Joking Confused

botven1 wrote:

Can things pass outward from a sheild created by a Hau? Like, if Tahu had activated his Hau, and then shot a ball of fire from his sword, would it be able to pass through the shield? Or is it solid even on the inside?

 

 

If I recall correctly, we treated the Hau's shield like the Invisible Woman's force field -- nothing gets in and nothing gets out.

MtMNC wrote:

Hi again! A couple questions have come up on BS01 regarding the Toa Mata's tools. Were Gali's hooks just tools, or were they part of her hands? Also, were Pohatu's "feet additions" actually part of his feet?

 

Thanks!

Set-wise, they were her  hands, story-wise, they were tools, not her hands. Same with Pohatu.

Anexcuse wrote:
alienduck wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
botven1 wrote:
alienduck wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:


You're assuming this civilization would even know to go looking. None of our scientists are working on tech to access parallel dimensions, so no reason to assume another dimension would be doing that. They might regard it as just a theory too.

But there would be a paralell dimension where people decide to not regard it as a theory, decide to pour all that resources into paralell dimesnion resource, making the right descisions along the way. And in at the very least one world, they would decide to travel to ours.

Exactly. Seeing as the possibilities are endless, we can assmune that they would have penetrated one if not more alternate dimesions by now. This therefore gives a high chance of AUs being non-existent.

 

 

I disagree. You have no way of knowing that beings from an alternative dimension have NOT traveled to ours. It could have been three people who stayed for an hour and went back. It didn't have to be a full-scale invasion.

Descisions effect everything. The descision of how to walk, move, et cetera, would lead to these paralell universe transportations existant at literally every location, at every time, and in every universe.

 

My head hurts now. Joking Confused

Hey AD, What if it isnt decisions, but time distortions! What if there are not infinite universes, but only a few trillion. What if when ever someone re-writes time, IT creates a new dimention! Thus our dimention is not effected. But what if we are just a new created dimention, off of another, off of the original? Are we realy sentiant? or do we just claim to be?  {philosiphy}  Joking

What are the difference between toa of plasma and toa of fire?

thanks!

slipperysnakeboy wrote:

What are the difference between toa of plasma and toa of fire?

thanks!

The major difference is that they are not the same substance. Fire is fire, plasma is superheated gas.

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
botven1 wrote:

Can things pass outward from a sheild created by a Hau? Like, if Tahu had activated his Hau, and then shot a ball of fire from his sword, would it be able to pass through the shield? Or is it solid even on the inside?

 

 

If I recall correctly, we treated the Hau's shield like the Invisible Woman's force field -- nothing gets in and nothing gets out.

Ah, ok.Wink And does it move about with the wearer if they move while activating it?

 

 

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
slipperysnakeboy wrote:

What are the difference between toa of plasma and toa of fire?

thanks!

The major difference is that they are not the same substance. Fire is fire, plasma is superheated gas.

so other then that, no difference other then appearence? Cool just want to give you a heads up.... your awesome.