1Hey Greg, I have two questions about Sentrakh's apparent immortality:
21) Exactly how far does his inability to "live or die by normal standards" go? For example, would he still be functional after being impaled through the torso, but with the rest of his body intact? How about if he was decapitated?
32) Does Sentrakh's immortality manifest as a Wolverine-like regenerative healing factor, or simply an inability to die (by normal means)? Maybe some other ways?
4Also, I have some other, unrelated questions:
53) Can you give us any more Kraata powers for Tahu?
64) MU inhabitants need to sleep, right? I assume they don't need a lot of it though, due to their partly mechanical nature.
75) If you had it your way, what kind of tone would you have/have had Bionicle take? Would you go for a more light hearted tone, or something more mature?
86) Organic protodermis (abbreviated as OP) technically isn't actually organic matter, right? As far as we know, OP:
9-Does not require nutrition, only "energy"
10-Regenerates far more quickly, than actual organic tissue, as indicated by the Toa Mata
11-Does not have a cellular structure, as indicated by the MU inhabitants' lack of a circulatory system
12-Can seamlessly assimilate mechanical structures such as gears and pistons into their framework
13Therefore, isn't "Organic" protodermis simply protodermis mimicking biology, rather than actually being it?
147) Are all Toa, aside from the Nuva and Mahri, the same basic "model"? I know their armor takes the shape of what they imagine, but do all Toa have the same: height, body shape/proportions, amount of elemental reserve, strength level, etc? I would hope there is at least a small varitation in the first two for more individuality.
153) Eventually, yes, not right this moment
175) I would stick with the epic tone we had originally.
186) Yes, I can see that
197) Not something I would want to comment on -- that would be up to future set designers, if the line comes back.
1My friend is back with more questions.
2Re-asking for clarification: did the Toa Hagah wear the same masks as Matoran? (e.g. did Norik wear a Pehkui, did Iruini wear a Kualsi, etc.)
3This is a record-keeping question for BS01. Our lists have a lot of miscellaneous Toa, Matoran, etc. who were killed by the Brotherhood of Makuta (for example, the Nynrah Ghosts who sabotaged the Fohrok, and various Toa they’ve killed). The Red Star reveal causes me to wonder: did the Brotherhood usually carry out execution by disintegration, thus meaning the characters killed by them are deceased and not revived? Or were they less thorough?
4What exactly did happen at the end of Mask of Light, when the gate crushed Takutanuva? The film shows the Turaga using an emblem carved on the ground to resurrect Takanuva. Was there really a magical revival machine in Mangaia?
- 7Did Makuta Miserix create the Kanohi Dragon? It seems right up his alley.
92) Less thorough. Once you have been killed by a Makuta, it is not an experience you want to repeat, so you tend to be more circumspect
103) I wish I could give you an answer, but I did not work on the film and I don't know what their intent was
114) We never discussed who created the KD
Clone2625 wrote:ScribeGT6817 wrote:Clone2625 wrote:ScribeGT6817 wrote:Clone2625 wrote:
1When in the year did you start work on the comics for the nest year?(If it was 2007 what mounth would you start work on 2008 comics,for example)
2We normally start working on the first issue of the next year around July of the year before. So, for example, we are working on issue 1 for 2015 now.
3Are you using that as a fictional example or are you realy doing that?
4I was referring to the first issue of LEGO Magazine for 2015.
5Did you do BIONICLE comics at the same time as the Club magazine?
6Yes. Back when we were doing comics, they had to ship out with the magazine, so they had to be done at the same time.
1Thank you for the reply to my post, I was always curious how things would have worked with the Kanohi powers. I understand that all the talk of a return, but I hope you understand that this is a testiment to your work and how it has moved your fans. I for one have been following Bionicle since the beginning when I was 9, and now at 22, I believe that this hysteria is all just people who are excited to see a return to something they love and hopes that you are returning to the franchise with it.
2I did have several other questions though,
31) Was it pheasable for Artakha to have made a golden Kanohi for possible Order of Mata Nui agents while working on their tools?
42) I really enjoy your writing, and I was wondering how you wrote toward the end of serial. I understand you probably went chapter by chapter, but did you also have outlines as you started or just dive into it?
53) How are you doing tonight?
dav9390 wrote:1Dear Greg,2I have some qusrions about the MU and the robot body. 1) Since all the islands are connected in the body and Mata nui and Voya nui were on top, that would mean Voya nui was above Mahri nui and Mahri nui was above Karda nui? 2) Is the Codrex supoose to be the heart of the robot and the Mask of Life "jump" started it? 3) And when the robot stood up, did that mean all the islands inside it became vertical? 4) And is Metru nui suppose to be inside the robots head somewhere that isn't in the brain or face region?3Thanks for time, your a great srory teller!
41) Mahri Nui was not above Karda Nui. Voya Nui had drifted some way away from Karda Nui before Mahri Nui broke off and it came to a stop.
63) Just as on the Enterprise. there are stabilizers in the robot (when it is active) to protect the Matoran and others from changes in the body's position.
74) Metru Nui is the robot's brain
misterbrickguy wrote:1But, even in the story, Matau said he had the "urge" to do so, and Nokama stated she felt the same urge. Matau only tried to cover it up with saying it was for Visorak.2I wanted to know exactlly what the whole "urge" thing was about. I recently re-read the book for analysis on what I was asking, and I spotted about in there how Matau and Nokama had this urge for something... Something that required a nest. It just made me a bit suspicious, because, to me, it sounded a lot like they had this urge to reproduce. But I dunno. Your the guy who writes the stuff. I just wanted to know.3If you want, you can always look at it again in the book. It's pages 61-63.4Thanks again.
5Since BIONICLE characters do not have the ability to reproduce, ipso facto it could not be an urge to reproduce. Keep in mind that the people who wrote the movies were not as in tune with the universe as some of us at LEGO were -- the original draft for one of the films had characters making crankcase oil jokes.
1In MNOG, the Bohrok Animations, and MNOGII, Maku and Huki have what is clear as day love for each other. Since then, however, Greg ruled their relationship uncanon, stating that beings in the MAtoran Universe are incapable of love beyond that of a friend caring about a friend (despite the fact that these two "friends" nearly kissed). I would like to ask why you decided to make it non-canon after it being canon for years.
2Simple. What was in the online games was not approved by the story team, nor was there ever anything in story bibles saying these characters had this relationship. So it was not "canon." It was done to add some characterization into the game, but logically it made no sense, so I felt no obligation to maintain something that was illogical.
3How would it be illogical to assume that romance can exist considering there are male and female members of the Matoran/Toa race? After all, they were initially built to be blank clones, and then started glitching out and developing emotions. How can "love" not be possible when "anger" "fear" "happiness" and "sadness" are?
4Simple. Humans and most other species have a biological imperative to reproduce. The notion of romantic love among humans really did not even start until the Middle Ages, and usually went along with that imperative (yes, there are people who fall in love and can't have or don't want to have children, but you get my point -- in nature, an animal that cannot produce children will normally not get a mate.)
5MU characters cannot and are not intended to produce offspring. Therefore, there was no reason for either the GBs or Velika to give them that emotional capacity or concept. It would serve no purpose, and this is in the end a big machine -- you try to avoid introducing things that serve no purpose.
alienduck wrote:ScribeGT6817 wrote:alienduck wrote:
2Is BIONICLE going to comeback anytime soon (within the next few years?)
5I can't discuss future plans for any product line.
6One of the mods made a post about BIONICLE coming back rumors being false. Why can you not do the same, if they ARE false? Everyone is hyping up about some supposedly leaked pics. Can you at least make it stop?
7, What the moderators do, or can do, is separate from me. My instructions are very clear -- I do not discuss anything that is leaked, accurate or not, and I do not comment on future product plans. Never have, never will.
21) Is there any chance of another contest to determine what masks some other characters had, like Naho, Zaria and Tridax?
32) Do the Toa Nuva still rely on the Nuva symbols for their elemental powers?
43) Have the Toa Nuva's Suvas been moved onto Spherus Magna? If so, does that mean the Toa Nuva can use all of their Kanohi again (since they couldn't in Karda Nui)?
54) How many Matoran actually lived in Metru Nui/Mata Nui?
71) Offhand, I doubt it. Most of those contests were run through BZP, and I am no longer allowed to post there.
104) I don't recall the population figure
1the combiner models cable crawer, rock raptor, chute lurker, gate guardian and parakrekks and the fan model hordika have rhotuka launcher in the design do they have story wise and if they rhotuka power also if the hordika dragons rhotuka are same or do they vary
2If they have a launcher, then yes
ToaFeron wrote:ScribeGT6817 wrote:Shougun70 wrote:ToaFeron wrote:
1hi, Mr. Farshtey! i had a question- in bionicle, did Hewkii and Macku have an intimate relationship? i ask this because i have always believed that they did, and i just wanted some confirmation.
2 thank you very much for your time,
4In MNOG, the Bohrok Animations, and MNOGII, Maku and Huki have what is clear as day love for each other. Since then, however, Greg ruled their relationship uncanon, stating that beings in the MAtoran Universe are incapable of love beyond that of a friend caring about a friend (despite the fact that these two "friends" nearly kissed). I would like to ask why you decided to make it non-canon after it being canon for years.
5Simple. What was in the online games was not approved by the story team, nor was there ever anything in story bibles saying these characters had this relationship. So it was not "canon." It was done to add some characterization into the game, but logically it made no sense, so I felt no obligation to maintain something that was illogical.
6thank you very much! though this does answer my question in an official capacity, i would like your personal opinion. in your eyes, as the creator of this amazing universe. in your opinion, did they have anything intimate? after all, these arent just mindless robots; they have feelings, and why not love?
7 thank you again for your time,
9I just answered this a few posts ago, so you can look it up there without having to search too long.