Chat with Greg Farshtey

Page 745

Hey Greg, which one of your Bionicle stories did it say that the Turaga of Mata Nui/Toa Metru learned how to rebuild the Matoran?

RocketRacer7235 wrote:
Andrew31kbrick193 wrote:
RocketRacer7235 wrote:
Andrew31kbrick193 wrote:
RocketRacer7235 wrote:
Andrew31kbrick193 wrote:
RocketRacer7235 wrote:

Question!

If draining all the moral light from a toa makes them shadow toa, would draining all the moral shadow make them a toa of light?

You know, you probably shouldn't reply to my post unless you were able to answer my question.

Uh, what?

*Insert blank look here*

That was a general question for Greg, how did you interpret that as me askign you...?

When I was checking my posts, I got the notification that someone replied to my post, that was when I noticed that you were the only one who commented after me at the time. BTW, did you click the "Reply" or "Quick Reply" button on my post on this page when you posted your question?

...Reply.

Lemme guess, you use the reply notifier thing and the quick reply doesn't notify you, so I should use it instead?

Okay, do what you want. but I would recommend using the "reply" button on the top left next to the "Topic Options" button for posting in general as opposed to replying to a specific person. 

Oh. Didn't know that was a thing. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Hey Greg, which one of your Bionicle stories did it say that the Turaga of Mata Nui/Toa Metru learned how to rebuild the Matoran from the Rahaga?

Andrew31kbrick193 wrote:

Hey Greg, which one of your Bionicle stories did it say that the Turaga of Mata Nui/Toa Metru learned how to rebuild the Matoran?

Hey Andrew - Those stories were written 6-12 years ago, so it's impossible to remember exactly where any given fact was mentioned.

lalajujunini wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:

Boidoh wrote:


lalajujunini wrote:

1. is there the possibility of other prototypes than the Av-matoran? matoran, toa, turaga (or similar beings), of sand, etc.

 

2. if so, since they didn't show up in the MU, are the stored in stasis on SM?

 

3. could a vote be held for the ending of Powers that Be, Yesterday Quest, and trivia like Orde's mask power, Zaria's mask power, wether or not Zaria had turned evil and smashed all his opponents, where Gaardus whent off to, etc.?

 

call out to anyone who reads this (especially Boidoh): I am not good at running votings/polls, if yes to the above, will someone run it for me?


I'd assume Greg would say yes to stuff like Orde's and Zaria's Mask Power, the other stuff wouldn't be exactly the stuff a poll can get the results of. I'd be willing to run it.


3) They were never assigned mask powers.

3.5) We never said Zaria was evil anywhere. We said Zaria violated the Toa code, but that does not automatically equate to evil.


1. is there the POSSIBILITY of other prototypes than the Av-matoran? matoran, toa, turaga (or similar beings), of sand, etc.

2. if so, since they didn't show up in the MU, are the stored in stasis on SM?

3. could we vote on them (the mask powers)?

3.5. I was referring to the rumor that he mutilated/tore apart/killed all his opponents after he defeated them (evil in the eyes of the Matoran, at least)

1) Not that I am aware of. We already know who the first Toa was, for example.

2) No

 

3) I would say before you do a poll, do a poll to see if anyone actually cares about this info. There seems to be a lot of pushback in the community about adding more facts to the universe just for the sake of adding facts.

 

3.5) Answer stands -- he's not evil.

Hi Mr Farshtey, I'm back with some more questions.

 

1) If a Toa Nui is impossible, then why was it ever thought of?

2) Everything in the MU is Protodermis in different states right? Lava is molten Protodermis, water is purified liquid Protodermis etc. and the Toa can manipulate this. So, my question is, can the Toa/Turaga manipulate the elements outside the MU (on Spherus Magna)? As they (presumably) not made of Protodermis.

3) If yes to the previous question, which type of Toa could manipulate sand? Would it be Stone or Earth? Or would it be both? Or could neither be able to control sand?

4) Could a Toa of Iron change the shape of their Kanohi?

5) Why were Toa of Iron called Toa of Iron? They can manipulate more than just iron.

6) Was Miserix the first Makuta to be created? Or was it another?

 

Thank you in advance.

Hey Greg.

How long do Kraata take to go from one stage to the next?

 

Do Shadow Kraata require a unique form of rahkshi to amplify their powers, or can they use normal rahkshi just fine?

 

How long does it take for a makuta to regenerate the antidermis needed to make a single kraata?

 

BS01 claims that level 6 of  the 'limited invulnerability' Kraata power is absolutely impervious to all physical harm. Is it actually limited, as it's name would suggest, or no?

 

Thanks for your time!

Keilax wrote:

Hi Mr Farshtey, I'm back with some more questions.

 

1) If a Toa Nui is impossible, then why was it ever thought of?

2) Everything in the MU is Protodermis in different states right? Lava is molten Protodermis, water is purified liquid Protodermis etc. and the Toa can manipulate this. So, my question is, can the Toa/Turaga manipulate the elements outside the MU (on Spherus Magna)? As they (presumably) not made of Protodermis.

3) If yes to the previous question, which type of Toa could manipulate sand? Would it be Stone or Earth? Or would it be both? Or could neither be able to control sand?

4) Could a Toa of Iron change the shape of their Kanohi?

5) Why were Toa of Iron called Toa of Iron? They can manipulate more than just iron.

6) Was Miserix the first Makuta to be created? Or was it another?

 

Thank you in advance.

1) Because other Nuis do exist, so naturally people asked about a Toa Nui.

2) We know they can, because Gali was manipulating sea water while on Mata Nui which was not liquid protodermis. It takes some work and some practice, but they can do it.

 

3) Nobody manipulates sand in G1. Sand is not a Toa element.

 

4) If it is made of metallic protodermis, yes

 

5) Had to call them something, and Iron sounds cooler than Metal

 

6) To my knowledge, we never identified a first Makuta

RocketRacer7235 wrote:

Hey Greg.

How long do Kraata take to go from one stage to the next?

 

Do Shadow Kraata require a unique form of rahkshi to amplify their powers, or can they use normal rahkshi just fine?

 

How long does it take for a makuta to regenerate the antidermis needed to make a single kraata?

 

BS01 claims that level 6 of  the 'limited invulnerability' Kraata power is absolutely impervious to all physical harm. Is it actually limited, as it's name would suggest, or no?

 

Thanks for your time!

1) I vaguely recall that it was connected to their level of experience

2) No, they do not require a unique form, but normally you do not stick a shadow kraata in a Rahkshi, because it can't use its special power if it is inside one

 

3) Varies

 

4) Yes, because there are other types of harm besides physical that it is not protected against

 

I happened to notice an interesting BIONICLE question elsewhere on the web that I thought I would post an answer to here. Someone was wondering if there was an earlier version of the Mask of Light script in which Takua discovered he was an Av-Matoran at some point.

 

Answer's no. The idea of Av-Matoran did not exist at the time that movie was written. There were obvious hints that Takua was "different" in some way, but if the creative head of the story team at that time had some special idea for a background for him, it was never shared prior to his leaving the company. The idea of Matoran of Light was something the story team came up with much later on.

ScribeGT6817 wrote:

 

I happened to notice an interesting BIONICLE question elsewhere on the web that I thought I would post an answer to here. Someone was wondering if there was an earlier version of the Mask of Light script in which Takua discovered he was an Av-Matoran at some point.

 

Answer's no. The idea of Av-Matoran did not exist at the time that movie was written. There were obvious hints that Takua was "different" in some way, but if the creative head of the story team at that time had some special idea for a background for him, it was never shared prior to his leaving the company. The idea of Matoran of Light was something the story team came up with much later on.

Interesting fact, thanks for posting itHappy!

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
RocketRacer7235 wrote:

Hey Greg.

How long do Kraata take to go from one stage to the next?

 

Do Shadow Kraata require a unique form of rahkshi to amplify their powers, or can they use normal rahkshi just fine?

 

How long does it take for a makuta to regenerate the antidermis needed to make a single kraata?

 

BS01 claims that level 6 of the 'limited invulnerability' Kraata power is absolutely impervious to all physical harm. Is it actually limited, as it's name would suggest, or no?

 

Thanks for your time!

1) I vaguely recall that it was connected to their level of experience

2) No, they do not require a unique form, but normally you do not stick a shadow kraata in a Rahkshi, because it can't use its special power if it is inside one

 

3) Varies

 

4) Yes, because there are other types of harm besides physical that it is not protected against

2) To make sure I have this straight: Shadow Kraata XYZ enters rahkshi. XYZ can use the rahkshi and it's power of, say, heat vision, but cannot infect masks at a distance?

3) Now you have me curious; What does it depend on? Is antidermis erratic at regenerating itself?

 

 

RocketRacer7235 wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
RocketRacer7235 wrote:

Hey Greg.

How long do Kraata take to go from one stage to the next?

 

Do Shadow Kraata require a unique form of rahkshi to amplify their powers, or can they use normal rahkshi just fine?

 

How long does it take for a makuta to regenerate the antidermis needed to make a single kraata?

 

BS01 claims that level 6 of the 'limited invulnerability' Kraata power is absolutely impervious to all physical harm. Is it actually limited, as it's name would suggest, or no?

 

Thanks for your time!

1) I vaguely recall that it was connected to their level of experience

2) No, they do not require a unique form, but normally you do not stick a shadow kraata in a Rahkshi, because it can't use its special power if it is inside one

 

3) Varies

 

4) Yes, because there are other types of harm besides physical that it is not protected against

2) To make sure I have this straight: Shadow Kraata XYZ enters rahkshi. XYZ can use the rahkshi and it's power of, say, heat vision, but cannot infect masks at a distance?

3) Now you have me curious; What does it depend on? Is antidermis erratic at regenerating itself?

 

 

2) Correct

3) Depends on what is going on with the Makuta. If he generates a kraata and then goes into a fight, he's probably not going to have the spare energy to regenerate antidermis.

Can all Ussal Crabs evolve like Pewku?

Hey Greg, can you say what was the purpose of Spiriah's experiment on Skakdi?