Greg Farshtey, I'm getting many Kanohi masks including:

 

-Pamatae, Mask of Clairvoyance

 

-Sakron, Mask of Emulation

 

-Krodan, Mask of Growth

 

-Zilor, Mask of Rahi Control

 

-Nihanga, Mask of Charisma

 

-Tepan, Mask of Psychometry

 

-Taea, Mask of Possibilities

 

-Pungao, Mask of Elemental Energy

 

-Iraketanga, Mask of Mutation

 

-Tikanka, Mask of Sensory Aptitude

 

-Rapah, Mask of Elasticity

 

-Halehki, Mask of Healing

 

-Taputu, Mask of Mechanics

 

-Mask of Multiple Furious Horns

 

-Mask of Blazing

 

-Mask of Inferno

 

-Mask of Technologies

 

-Mask of Illusion

 

-Mask of Undersea Diving

 

-Mask of Dashing

 

-Mask of Air Breathing

 

-Mask of Fighting

 

 

Greg Farshtey, I'm getting many Kanohi masks including:

 

-Pamatae, Mask of Clairvoyance

 

-Sakron, Mask of Emulation

 

-Krodan, Mask of Growth

 

-Zilor, Mask of Rahi Control

 

-Nihanga, Mask of Charisma

 

-Tepan, Mask of Psychometry

 

-Taea, Mask of Possibilities

 

-Pungao, Mask of Elemental Energy

 

-Iraketanga, Mask of Mutation

 

-Tikanka, Mask of Sensory Aptitude

 

-Rapah, Mask of Elasticity

 

-Halehki, Mask of Healing

 

-Taputu, Mask of Mechanics

 

-Mask of Multiple Furious Horns

 

-Mask of Blazing

 

-Mask of Inferno

 

-Mask of Technologies

 

-Mask of Illusion

 

-Mask of Undersea Diving

 

-Mask of Dashing

 

-Mask of Air Breathing

 

-Mask of Fighting

Greg Farshtey, I'm getting many Kanohi masks including:

-Pamatae, Mask of Clairvoyance

-Sakron, Mask of Emulation

-Krodan, Mask of Growth

-Zilor, Mask of Rahi Control

-Nihanga, Mask of Charisma

-Tepan, Mask of Psychometry

-Taea, Mask of Possibilities

-Pungao, Mask of Elemental Energy

-Iraketanga, Mask of Mutation

-Tikanka, Mask of Sensory Aptitude

-Rapah, Mask of Elasticity

-Halehki, Mask of Healing

-Taputu, Mask of Mechanics

-Mask of Multiple Furious Horns

-Mask of Blazing

-Mask of Inferno

-Mask of Technologies

-Mask of Illusion

-Mask of Undersea Diving

-Mask of Dashing

-Mask of Air Breathing

-Mask of Fighting

I just now got a copy of Time Trap for my own and I'm wondering how you got the idea for the book?

SurelNuva wrote:
Terror1000 wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:

1) I wouldn't have anyplace to do it, at this point. I can't post on a non-LEGO site unless it has an age verification system and I have permission from LEGO Social Media, and this site won't be around anymore.

2) Yes, he is

3) Not at this point, no

4) Malum is not welcome in polite society right now.

5) Not really, no. The couple that I really liked I tended to write about a lot and then people got sick of them Smile

Cheers Greg! I appreciate the info, it's cool to see you remember this stuff years after you finished. If I could ask a few more:

1. I haven't been able to find a citation but lots of people seem to think it, so could we please get confirmation that Icarax used to wear the Mask of Scavenging before the Kraahkan?

2. How are the Metru Nui Turaga reacting to Spherus Magna? Do they have a particular place in society, and how is Vakama doing now that his tormentor is gone?

3. Do you have a favourite Piraka (Nektann included), Barraki and Makuta (sans Teridax)?

4. Do you imagine the G2 Mask of Creation looking like what Artakha would wear in G1?

5. Is there a moment you wrote in any medium that hit home to you in parcitular?

 

Thanks again!

4, He wrote the mask's description in the Reign of Shadows: "His mask was the most ornate anyone had ever seen – more than just a Kanohi, it was a true work of art. The metallic protodermis from which it was forged was arranged in intricate patterns and designs, each reflecting one of the many cultures that flourished in the universe. The eye slits were angular and pointed, giving him an air of both wisdom and a vague sense of menace."

The irony is how similar this is to the G2 mask. Joking

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
Macedonia wrote:
Macedonia wrote:

One question I've always had is what was the process behind writing the Rahi and Dark Hunter guide books. Since each one had a combination of actual canon-characters and fan-made characters, how did you interpret the story-material for each fan-entry into an entry in each book?

This was buried.

There wasn't really any magic trick to it. The entries came with pretty extensive essays and, for the most part, I didn't have to change that much. I tried hard to at least preserve the spirit of what the fans submitted.

 Do you happen to remember any notable changes you had to make that could be shared here?

These questions have been buried several times, I hope you can answer them this time, especially since there's less than a week left before the boards become read-only...

1) You once suggested that maybe the reason Vakama didn’t know his mask power despite being a Mask Maker might have been because it was a Kanohi acquired in trade wich was not Metru Nui-styled. In fact, the Metru are the only Metru Nui Matoran shown in visual media having great-shaped versions of their Kanohi. So, what if the reason that Vakama didn’t know his mask power and those of his brothers was that all of them were acquired in trade and were not in the usual style of Metru Nui? Are you fine with this being the official explanation?
2) You said that the GBs came from different tribes. Can we say that at least one Glatorian from each tribe that was still active when they started ruling SM was a GB? Excluding the Rock Tribe because they didn’t have Glatorian species members.
3) Velika would punish the Earth Tribe if he took over SM, right?
4) If Q3 is correct, when you say that Velika might want to recruit the ELs as lieutenants, that does not include the ELoE, right?
5) You once said that part of Velika’s plan involved the zombified MU inhabitants on the RS, (page 775, post 3) could you elaborate on that?
6) From one of your recent answers, it seems that Annona has no gender, and that people can see “her” both as male and female. This seems to contradict some of your earlier answers, in wich you said that Annona was in fact female. So, for clarification, is “she” genderless or female?
7) Did Mata Nui ever observe a specimen of Annona’s species during his travels?
8) Just for confirmation, was the Fire Entity made with viruses and protodermis, and does it have at least some biomechanical componenents?
Blazejump3726 wrote:

Greg Farshtey, I'm getting many Kanohi masks including:

 

-Pamatae, Mask of Clairvoyance

 

-Sakron, Mask of Emulation

 

-Krodan, Mask of Growth

 

-Zilor, Mask of Rahi Control

 

-Nihanga, Mask of Charisma

 

-Tepan, Mask of Psychometry

 

-Taea, Mask of Possibilities

 

-Pungao, Mask of Elemental Energy

 

-Iraketanga, Mask of Mutation

 

-Tikanka, Mask of Sensory Aptitude

 

-Rapah, Mask of Elasticity

 

-Halehki, Mask of Healing

 

-Taputu, Mask of Mechanics

 

-Mask of Multiple Furious Horns

 

-Mask of Blazing

 

-Mask of Inferno

 

-Mask of Technologies

 

-Mask of Illusion

 

-Mask of Undersea Diving

 

-Mask of Dashing

 

-Mask of Air Breathing

 

-Mask of Fighting

 

 

Except of course for the fact that it is literally impossbile to get any of these because they are either made up, or set forms were never produced.

 
1) You once suggested that maybe the reason Vakama didn’t know his mask power despite being a Mask Maker might have been because it was a Kanohi acquired in trade wich was not Metru Nui-styled. In fact, the Metru are the only Metru Nui Matoran shown in visual media having great-shaped versions of their Kanohi. So, what if the reason that Vakama didn’t know his mask power and those of his brothers was that all of them were acquired in trade and were not in the usual style of Metru Nui? Are you fine with this being the official explanation?
2) You said that the GBs came from different tribes. Can we say that at least one Glatorian from each tribe that was still active when they started ruling SM was a GB? Excluding the Rock Tribe because they didn’t have Glatorian species members.
3) Velika would punish the Earth Tribe if he took over SM, right?
4) If Q3 is correct, when you say that Velika might want to recruit the ELs as lieutenants, that does not include the ELoE, right?
5) You once said that part of Velika’s plan involved the zombified MU inhabitants on the RS, (page 775, post 3) could you elaborate on that?
6) From one of your recent answers, it seems that Annona has no gender, and that people can see “her” both as male and female. This seems to contradict some of your earlier answers, in wich you said that Annona was in fact female. So, for clarification, is “she” genderless or female?
7) Did Mata Nui ever observe a specimen of Annona’s species during his travels?
8) Just for confirmation, was the Fire Entity made with viruses and protodermis, and does it have at least some biomechanical componenents?

1) It's as good as any other. The real reason is that the moviemakers wanted discovery of mask powers to be part of the film, so we have to retcon a story reason for that.

2) Yes

3) No. Velika blames the GBs for the Core War. If they had been doing their jobs, in his view, none of it would ever have happened.

4) Wrong

 

 

OnionShark wrote:These questions have been buried several times, I hope you can answer them this time, especially since there's less than a week left before the boards become read-only...

 
3) Velika would punish the Earth Tribe if he took over SM, right?
4) If Q3 is correct, when you say that Velika might want to recruit the ELs as lieutenants, that does not include the ELoE, right?
5) You once said that part of Velika’s plan involved the zombified MU inhabitants on the RS, (page 775, post 3) could you elaborate on that?
6) From one of your recent answers, it seems that Annona has no gender, and that people can see “her” both as male and female. This seems to contradict some of your earlier answers, in wich you said that Annona was in fact female. So, for clarification, is “she” genderless or female?
7) Did Mata Nui ever observe a specimen of Annona’s species during his travels?
8) Just for confirmation, was the Fire Entity made with viruses and protodermis, and does it have at least some biomechanical componenents?

5) Velika doesn't ignore any potential allies.

6) She's genderless, I just see her as female

7) No

8) Don't know, I really haven't spent time worrying about his composition.

OnionShark wrote:These questions have been buried several times, I hope you can answer them this time, especially since there's less than a week left before the boards become read-only...

 
 
5) You once said that part of Velika’s plan involved the zombified MU inhabitants on the RS, (page 775, post 3) could you elaborate on that?
6) From one of your recent answers, it seems that Annona has no gender, and that people can see “her” both as male and female. This seems to contradict some of your earlier answers, in wich you said that Annona was in fact female. So, for clarification, is “she” genderless or female?
7) Did Mata Nui ever observe a specimen of Annona’s species during his travels?
8) Just for confirmation, was the Fire Entity made with viruses and protodermis, and does it have at least some biomechanical componenents?

5) Velika doesn't ignore any potential allies.

6) She's genderless, I just see her as female

7) No

8) Don't know, I really haven't spent time worrying about his composition.

RogueOne2004 wrote:

Hi Greg Farshtey! I'm a big fan of your LEGO Bionicle novels. My question is, are you planning on creating any more awesome Bionicle novels? Happy

No. BIONICLE is no longer an active toy line, so there is no longer a fiction plan for it. Besides, I wasn't doing the last batch of books anyway.

Kestoro wrote:

Hi Greg! I have a couple questions.

1. You have previously stated that Annona was based off of a charcter from Hungarian mythology. What specifically is she based off of?

2. In Reign of Shadows Chapter 8, it states that "Axonn's left arm hung useless at his side." What caused this?

3.  Are Artakha and Karzahni the same species?

4. Why does Antidermis "power up" Brutaka's species?

Thank you for reading Wink

1) Don't recall, it was too many years ago.

2) Again, you are asking about stuff I wrote more than five years ago. I don't remember.

3) No

4) Because it does. It's just the nature of how it interacts with his species, the same way certain chemicals produce certain effects in humans.

srlojohn wrote:

Dear Mr. Fharsty 

 

Could Vanisher travel through dimensions and find the Toa Empire Olmak that fell in transdimenional space?

Transdimensional space is vast. The odds are astronomical that he would ever run across it.

srlojohn wrote:

Dear Mr. Fharstey

 

1: does Mimic ever find his friend?

 

P.S. This can be thousands of years if you want I just want to know if he ever finds her. "Destroyed" or otherwise

Unknown. Story is frozen where we left it.