Chat with Greg Farshtey

Page 385
AbsorbingYeti wrote:

Hello Greg! 

I have a question regarding bionicle, 

when you search up Bionicle it directs you to a coming soon page, this intrigues me. With recent leaks and all sorts of information setting a picture in Bionicle fans heads such as myself that bionicle is "No doubt" coming back. does this worry you and your work mates? No onehundred percent official confirmation is announced which leads me to believe that LEGO is keeping whatever Bionicle information they have to themselves. So if Bionicle would come back it's the pressure to try and block rumors for you and your workmates and if all the bionicle rumors are fake are you worried about your fans being disappointed and bringing an uproar of hate.

 

Thank you! 

 

During my time with LEGO, I have often had to deny or  refuse to comment on leaked images or leaked information related to BIONICLE, Ninjago, City and other lines. The alternative would be to let LEGO's competitors know way too early what was coming out from us, giving them time to produce knock-offs. In my experience, LEGO fans have the maturity to understand this. If there were people getting upset about this, to be honest, they should have the sense not to expect a LEGO employee to leak confidential information and they shouldn't be asking  in the first place.

Biomeca132 wrote:

Hey Mr.Farshtey, I have a quesiton about the Skakdi species.

 

Vezok have a elemental power of water, but he is a male. So, in the Skakdi species, the gender isn't defined by the elemental power, contrary to the Matoran species?

Correct

curtischeung wrote:Mr greg,
I wanna ask you something confusing in the story



1.did the Toa already have the great kanohi mask when they arrive Mata nui?
2why do they still need to collect the other mask
3 why there are the golden full ability kanohi mask
4 did the hau in the golden armor have the power if shielding or the power of the all ability kanohi mask

1) They each had one, yes

2) Because they needed access to all those powers to accomplish their mission, plus they needed them to get the Golden Kanohi

 

3) Because the Toa needed them to defeat the Manas

 

4) No, just shielding

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
Boidoh wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
Boidoh wrote:1. Are the Toa Nuva currently in their Karda Nui forms?

2. Did Lewa's armour adapt while in space?

3. What Kanohi does Zaria and Orde wear?

1) No, because they are now in a desert, so their armor would adapt

2) I assume so

3) Never was determined

 

In this space form, what abilities would Lewa have? Space breathing? Anything else?

It would have to be able to keep  him breathing and keep him from freezing, and probably provide some form of thrust and navigational abilities so he could maneuver

 

OK, what would Lewa's weapons change into? Would his Midak Skyblaster change into a new blaster, and what would his sword change to. Did his mask upgrade with more additional stuff, like how the KN forms had visor to protect from high speed and to use for targeting.

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
kyle7475 wrote:

Hey Greg, is Tahu wearing his Golden Armor on top of his adaptive armor? Or did he ditch his adaptive armor?

On top of.

I thought he didn't have his adaptive armor anymore b/c the mask of life devolved him to his toa mata form.

 

another question, since the golden armor isn't part of his body as the adaptive armor is, does that mean it's more akin to an exo-toa suit in the sense that they are both "wearable"?

1) Are there Skakdi that have elements other than the main six?
2) If there Skakdi of psionics, can those Skakdi use weapons to channel their power?
3) Why can't Toa of psionics channel their power through a tool?

Why did the Great Beings give the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe different genders? They weren't able to reproduce and love, so for what did they need a gender assigned to them?

 

I'm assuming that they do not have any genitalia at all, so what exactly is the difference between a female and a male Av-Matoran?

This is probably a ridiculous question but...

 

When Kapura was in space with the others, could he have teleported himself out? I mean, It is as Vakama said, he practiced and became skilled, and he now knows the secret art of travelling great distances by moving very slowly . It is only a small matter for Kapura to be where he is not. It is a useful skill. Where Kapura is, is cold and has no air. Where he is not is overtaken by Makuta and is a city. Could he have been where he was not by moving very slowly?

 

And a second question; what is your favorite BIONICLE quote?

 

And a third question; how do you feel about all these BIONICLE questions? Does it somewhat make you and/or LEGO know that there is still a demanding fanbase for BIONICLE?

Hello, Mr. Farshtey.

I have a few questions.

1. Kanohi Rua translates different languages. So does it mean that it can decode stuff? For instance, can Rua translate this message, if I decode it into ASCII binary code.

2. Also, can it get any message if I write down some stuff like "blahblahblahsfjbnpejobjrenbn" that doesn't make any sence?

3. And if I do that on purpose can it get more information on that case? So mask will reply something like "this person's speech doesn't make any sence though he does that on purpose"


4. In case that Toa Nuva transform into Turaga, will they become Turaga Nuva or just ordinary Turaga? Will they have some extra powers or abilities?

5. Will their noble versions of masks be Nuva? E.g. noble Kaukau Nuva?

6. Is it possible for Turaga to be destinied for the transformation after contact with energized protodermis? How about matoran? And if yes, then can Toa transform into the same being after <becoming Nuva and then transform into Turaga> and <transforming into Turaga and then contactig e. protodermis>?

 

7. And what is "destiny" anyway? According to the physics of Matoran Universe, it is more hi-tech than it looks. So, is destiny some kind of complex if-else code that triggers some registries like "allow this Av-Matoran use Avohkii" in case of emergencies? Or is it a POOF-MAJICK style? I'd like you to give as detailed and thorough answer as possible for that particular question.

 


Thanks for attention and sorry for my english.

Tremah.

Hello, Mr. Farshtey.

I have a few questions.

1. Kanohi Rua translates different languages. So does it mean that it can decode stuff? For instance, can Rua translate this message, if I decode it into ASCII binary code.

2. Also, can it get any message if I write down some stuff like "blahblahblahsfjbnpejobjrenbn" that doesn't make any sence? 3. And if I do that on purpose can it get more information on that case? So mask will reply something like "this person's speech doesn't make any sence though he does that on purpose"


4. In case that Toa Nuva transform into Turaga, will they be Turaga Nuva or just ordinary Turaga? Will they have some extra powers or abilities?

5. Will their noble versions of masks be Nuva? E.g. noble Kaukau Nuva?

6. Is it possible for Turaga to be destinied for the transformation after contact with energized protodermis? How about matoran? And if yes, then can Toa transform into the same being after <becoming Nuva and then transform into Turaga> and <transforming into Turaga and then contactig e. protodermis>?

 

7. And what is "destiny" anyway? According to the physics of Matoran Universe, it is more hi-tech than it looks. So, is destiny some kind of complex if-else code that triggers some registries like "allow this Av-Matoran use Avohkii" in case of emergencies? Or is it a POOF-MAJICK style? I'd like you to give as detailed and thorough answer as possible.

 


Thanks for attention and sorry for my english.

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
bogles wrote:


if you go to LEGO shop and type bionicle you get "Coming Soon" message does this mean  bionicle is coming in 2015?

And if I do a search on Shop for Power Miners, I get Ninjago sets. Think that pretty much answers the question about how much you should rely on this for clues to upcoming product.

We don't need to rely on that for clues...Joking

The reason you get Ninjago sets because of Cole's Earth Power Driller-thingy from 2013 still being listed... so your point that the search is unreliable is invalid.

 

How in the world can the word "Bionicle" possibly redirect you to a "Coming Soon" page and yet, as the fans have checked, no other old theme does this? There's only one explanation...Wink

 

And until just a week or so ago, this wouldn't happen when you searched Bionicle. So yeah. It isn't a long-running error, it's a new addition. So there's no denying the obvious...

 

Bionicle is coming back. See you in 2015, and I hope you get a place on the story team somewhere...Smile

Fippe_ wrote:

Why did the Great Beings give the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe different genders? They weren't able to reproduce and love, so for what did they need a gender assigned to them?

 

I'm assuming that they do not have any genitalia at all, so what exactly is the difference between a female and a male Av-Matoran?

If you look at the Matoran universe, males and females have different psychological traits. Females tend to be students and peacemakers by nature, at least in the water tribe, whereas "peacemaker" is not a description of most males.

Boidoh wrote:

This is probably a ridiculous question but...

 

When Kapura was in space with the others, could he have teleported himself out? I mean, It is as Vakama said, he practiced and became skilled, and he now knows the secret art of travelling great distances by moving very slowly . It is only a small matter for Kapura to be where he is not. It is a useful skill. Where Kapura is, is cold and has no air. Where he is not is overtaken by Makuta and is a city. Could he have been where he was not by moving very slowly?

 

And a second question; what is your favorite BIONICLE quote?

 

And a third question; how do you feel about all these BIONICLE questions? Does it somewhat make you and/or LEGO know that there is still a demanding fanbase for BIONICLE?

1) The problem is, we do not know the range of his powers, we do not know if he needs to be standing  on solid ground for them to work, we do not know if he needs to be in line of sight of where he is going ... so it may not have been possible for his power to be of any use.

 

2) Everything BIONICLE was four years ago and more, so I do not remember specific quotes after all this time.

 

3) Nobody has ever doubted there was still a fanbase for BIONICLE story. When pondering if it will ever come back someday, the question is, will there be a new fanbase willing to buy sets?

Judging by the fact this was only from MNOG, you probably have no idea, but I wish I had some explanation:

 

How exactly does Kapura "practice"? Is he teleporting, is he warping time, is he bending space so he can walk across areas very quickly by moving slowly? Did he come in contact in a mask forge once, get a disk fused to him or something, and get the powers of a Kanoka of molecule reconstitution or whatever? Is this even canon? (I hope it is, it makes him a very interesting character.Joking)

 

Even if you don't know the official reason (if there even is one), do you have any theories on his magical abilities?Thinking

UPDATE ON MY PREVIOUS POST:

 

Well, it turns out the Earth Driller isn't the reason all those Ninjago sets pop up. It's because of the use of the word "power" in all those set descriptions. As for the "miner" part, it seems that the search will pull up results with similar words. I searched "minor" and got several City Mining sets. I've noticed that on a customer review for the Golden Dragon, the word "minor" is used.

 

However, this has no effect on Bionicle, for the obvious reason that there are no words similar to Bionicle, and if there were, sets with those words would have popped up. But there are no sets, and a "Coming Soon" message is displayed. So yeah.