Chat with Greg Farshtey

Page 921
Biomeca132 wrote:

Hello Mr. Farshtey,
I have some questions in order to clarify some grey areas of two topics: the Awakening and the MUian behaviours regarding death and ressurection. 

 

 

 

3a) Before the Red Star's dysfonction, did the ressurection of the dead was common knowledge among the MUians?
Since we know that Gaardus waited a long time to kill again and again the rogue Nynrah Ghosts who mutated him, it seems that it was.

3b) If yes, was death taken lightly at that time?

 

4a) Since the ressurection process was intended to work properly on non-sapient beings, did the revived MUians sent back to the MU had generally gone insane, lunatic or quite weird?
4b) If so, did the fear of death was already present at that time for the rest of MUians? Therefore, did the living avoided the revived?
4c) If it's not all of that, how reacted the revived to their ressurection and how reacted the living to the return of the dead?

 

5) After the Red Star's dysfonction, how MUians have forgotten all of that while other myths and legends continued to being remembered through ages (as Tren Krom, for example)?

 

And to finish, an easy one:
6) Does Tahu wears the Golden Armor over his Adaptive Armor? In other words, does the GA connects itself over Tahu's AA?

3a) I would say no, since no one ever talked about it

4a) Well, we have seen there is a lot of confusion when they are brought back

4b) Again, since it wasn't being talked about, it probably was not common knowledge. If you died, got brought back, but were perhaps brought back somewhere way far away from where you lived before, who would know?

5) See answer to 3

6) I think I have probably answered this before, but don't recall what the answer was

druzyna wrote:Mr. Farshtey
I have some questions about Kaita masks:
1)If Toa Kaita has mask with powers of Kanohi that these three Toa worn, then if it works with Matoran Kaita/Nui?
2)Would anything bad happen if one of Toa, who were making Kaita of themselves wore legendary Kanohi (or if not, would it happen if they would use more than one)?
3)If Toa Kaita would put off his mask, would it defuse?
4)If one of fused Toa wore Avohkii and other one Krahkaan and last didn't wear a mask, would they create a Kanohi, that Takutanuva worn?
And last question just about Kanohi:
5)Is Krahkaan made of Antidermis?

1) I don't understand your question. Matoran cannot use mask powers.

2) It probably wouldn't be a great idea, since you would wind up with a really powerful Kaita Kanohi and the other two Toa involved might not be able to control it

3) No

4) A Toa with no mask on would most likely be too weak to form a Kaita

5) No, I don't believe so.

voporak1 wrote:

Hi Mr Greg 

 

1. Botar can escape himself from the Red Star with his power of teleportation if he wanted? 

 

 

No, he can't.

OnionShark wrote:
OnionShark wrote:

1) I found a contradiction on those two Glatorian bodies found in Dwellers In Darkness in the Core Processor: in 2009 you said they were pilots who were employed by the GBs to pilot the GSR in case its systems were damaged and they died in the GC, but in 2014 you said that they were only supposed to pilot the GSR for its inital launch and that they were supposed to eject, but things didn’t work out that way, and that something disabled killed them before they could, way before the GC. I’d usually trust the earlier version, but on things like this, I’m not really sure. But if the correct version is the second one, who or what caused their deaths? And was it intentional?

2) You mentioned that you're working on something non-LEGO-related, can you tell us what it is?

3) Would it be possible for you to join the BS01 wiki to continue answering questions? Like, people could ask you things on your talk page. It doesn't really have an age-verification system, but since it is part of the LEGO Ambassador Network it wouldn't be a problem, right?

I believe this was buried

1) The former

2) No, it's just stuff of my own. No idea if it will even be published

3) My understanding is I cannot post if there is no age verification system in place. I'm not allowed to post anywhere outside of here if there is a possibility of people under 13 being on the site.

SurelNuva wrote:
OnionShark wrote:
SurelNuva wrote:

So, according to the Bionicle World Spiriah tempered with the Skakdi more than 70,000 years ago. The evolution of the Makuta was 40,000/30,000 years ago, which was the reason (as I remember) to have the Toa Hagah teams.

How did Spiriah have a Toa Hagah team, if his exile was long before the evolution? Or had the Makuta Toa Hagah teams before the event?

I checked every piece of Bionicle media that contains Toa Hagah (not as many as you'd think), and none of them say that the Toa Hagah were employed for that, so there's no reason to think that Spiriah didn't have a Toa Hagah team.

still, we don't know, when they were employed. And what was the reason to employ them, if not the evolution?

 

Buried..

SurelNuva wrote:
SurelNuva wrote:
OnionShark wrote:
SurelNuva wrote:

So, according to the Bionicle World Spiriah tempered with the Skakdi more than 70,000 years ago. The evolution of the Makuta was 40,000/30,000 years ago, which was the reason (as I remember) to have the Toa Hagah teams.

How did Spiriah have a Toa Hagah team, if his exile was long before the evolution? Or had the Makuta Toa Hagah teams before the event?

I checked every piece of Bionicle media that contains Toa Hagah (not as many as you'd think), and none of them say that the Toa Hagah were employed for that, so there's no reason to think that Spiriah didn't have a Toa Hagah team.

still, we don't know, when they were employed. And what was the reason to employ them, if not the evolution?

 

Buried..

I am not sure why the evolution would have required the creation of Toa Hagah teams. The Makuta have not struck me as particularly vulnerable since then. But, frankly, why should Makuta have to be bothered with every potential threat to themselves, when they could have Toa handle it for them? When you are powerful and influential, you don't dirty your hands, you hire people to do that for you.

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
druzyna wrote:Mr. Farshtey
I have some questions about Kaita masks:
1)If Toa Kaita has mask with powers of Kanohi that these three Toa worn, then if it works with Matoran Kaita/Nui?
2)Would anything bad happen if one of Toa, who were making Kaita of themselves wore legendary Kanohi (or if not, would it happen if they would use more than one)?
3)If Toa Kaita would put off his mask, would it defuse?
4)If one of fused Toa wore Avohkii and other one Krahkaan and last didn't wear a mask, would they create a Kanohi, that Takutanuva worn?
And last question just about Kanohi:
5)Is Krahkaan made of Antidermis?

1) I don't understand your question. Matoran cannot use mask powers.

2) It probably wouldn't be a great idea, since you would wind up with a really powerful Kaita Kanohi and the other two Toa involved might not be able to control it

3) No

4) A Toa with no mask on would most likely be too weak to form a Kaita

5) No, I don't believe so.

1) I meant, that if Matoran fused and for example they had Pakari, Hau and Kakama, would Matoran Kaita have Aki.

3) So, can you make Kaita put off his mask, then fuse another three Toa, that have Kaita's masks (for example fused Toa wear Aki, Rua and Mahiki) and doing this for many times, create a Kanohi with all Kanohi powers?

3a)If not, how many powers one Kanohi can contain and does it depend of what kind of protodermis mask is made of?

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
Biomeca132 wrote:

 

 

3a) Before the Red Star's dysfonction, did the ressurection of the dead was common knowledge among the MUians?
Since we know that Gaardus waited a long time to kill again and again the rogue Nynrah Ghosts who mutated him, it seems that it was.

3b) If yes, was death taken lightly at that time?

 

4a) Since the ressurection process was intended to work properly on non-sapient beings, did the revived MUians sent back to the MU had generally gone insane, lunatic or quite weird?
4b) If so, did the fear of death was already present at that time for the rest of MUians? Therefore, did the living avoided the revived?
4c) If it's not all of that, how reacted the revived to their ressurection and how reacted the living to the return of the dead?

 

3a) I would say no, since no one ever talked about it

4a) Well, we have seen there is a lot of confusion when they are brought back

4b) Again, since it wasn't being talked about, it probably was not common knowledge. If you died, got brought back, but were perhaps brought back somewhere way far away from where you lived before, who would know?

I just wanted to say thank you a lot for answering our questions since the begining, and even until the rush of LMB's closure. Although I believe this constant sharing of informations between fans and creators may have altered Bionicle in some wrong ways, your dedication to this universe (and its fans) and your work to expand it are cleary memorable.
Thank you again.

4b) Okay, but why have the revived never spoken about it? I'm sure this kind of stories would have made A LOT speak about them.

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
Biomeca132 wrote:

Hello Mr. Farshtey,
I have some questions in order to clarify some grey areas of two topics: the Awakening and the MUian behaviours regarding death and ressurection. 

 

1a) Which reasons prompted Velika to do the Awakening? What were his motivations?
1b) Did the consequences of having sapient MUians (freewill, emotions, warlike and ideological conflits, Teridax-like behaviours, ...) were well known at the moment by Velika? Do they have any importance in his plans?

 

2a) Did Mata Nui was fully sapient from the begining or was affected by the Awakening like other MUians?
2b) If he was already sapient, why wasn't he astonished by the consequences of the Awakening? Did he know that was somehow possible?

 

 

1) Because sapient Matoran would be more likely to follow him.

2) As we have already established, Mata Nui was paying very little attention to what was going on inside of him. Until you get sick, how much attention do you pay to what is going on inside your body?

 

1) Is it his only motive?
2) Just a point of clarification: so, Mata Nui was fully sapient for the start, right?

druzyna wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
druzyna wrote:Mr. Farshtey
I have some questions about Kaita masks:
1)If Toa Kaita has mask with powers of Kanohi that these three Toa worn, then if it works with Matoran Kaita/Nui?
2)Would anything bad happen if one of Toa, who were making Kaita of themselves wore legendary Kanohi (or if not, would it happen if they would use more than one)?
3)If Toa Kaita would put off his mask, would it defuse?
4)If one of fused Toa wore Avohkii and other one Krahkaan and last didn't wear a mask, would they create a Kanohi, that Takutanuva worn?
And last question just about Kanohi:
5)Is Krahkaan made of Antidermis?

1) I don't understand your question. Matoran cannot use mask powers.

2) It probably wouldn't be a great idea, since you would wind up with a really powerful Kaita Kanohi and the other two Toa involved might not be able to control it

3) No

4) A Toa with no mask on would most likely be too weak to form a Kaita

5) No, I don't believe so.

1) I meant, that if Matoran fused and for example they had Pakari, Hau and Kakama, would Matoran Kaita have Aki.

3) So, can you make Kaita put off his mask, then fuse another three Toa, that have Kaita's masks (for example fused Toa wear Aki, Rua and Mahiki) and doing this for many times, create a Kanohi with all Kanohi powers?

3a)If not, how many powers one Kanohi can contain and does it depend of what kind of protodermis mask is made of?

1) Unknown. We really didn't spend a lot of time on the rules for Matoran Kaita.

3) No, you can't do that. Less for an in-story reason than for an "unbalancing the story" reason. A Toa with a mask that has every mask power basically would make other Toa superfluous.

Biomeca132 wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
 

I just wanted to say thank you a lot for answering our questions since the begining, and even until the rush of LMB's closure. Although I believe this constant sharing of informations between fans and creators may have altered Bionicle in some wrong ways, your dedication to this universe (and its fans) and your work to expand it are cleary memorable.
Thank you again.

4b) Okay, but why have the revived never spoken about it? I'm sure this kind of stories would have made A LOT speak about them.

As for your first point -- I have to disagree with you a little. While I am sure there are people who would have preferred a lot of the questions I answered NOT be answered, fact is it was their fellow fans asking the questions. To me, their desire to know is just as important as someone else's desire not to know. A lot of people like movie spoilers -- I don't, so I avoid them. No one was under some mandate to read my answers if they didn't want to know these things.

 

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
SurelNuva wrote:
SurelNuva wrote:
OnionShark wrote:
SurelNuva wrote:

So, according to the Bionicle World Spiriah tempered with the Skakdi more than 70,000 years ago. The evolution of the Makuta was 40,000/30,000 years ago, which was the reason (as I remember) to have the Toa Hagah teams.

How did Spiriah have a Toa Hagah team, if his exile was long before the evolution? Or had the Makuta Toa Hagah teams before the event?

I checked every piece of Bionicle media that contains Toa Hagah (not as many as you'd think), and none of them say that the Toa Hagah were employed for that, so there's no reason to think that Spiriah didn't have a Toa Hagah team.

still, we don't know, when they were employed. And what was the reason to employ them, if not the evolution?

 

Buried..

I am not sure why the evolution would have required the creation of Toa Hagah teams. The Makuta have not struck me as particularly vulnerable since then. But, frankly, why should Makuta have to be bothered with every potential threat to themselves, when they could have Toa handle it for them? When you are powerful and influential, you don't dirty your hands, you hire people to do that for you.

Every Toa Hagah teams were created in the same time? 

Dear Mr. Fahrsty.

 

I had an idea recently. 

so the MU inhabitants gained sentience from Velika interacting with them and their minds were evolving to compensate.

and we do have situations where we see matoran interacting romanticaly (namely Maku and Hewkii)

and we also know the matoran (and other species) are capable of other types of love (such as loyalty, friendship, and reverence) 

so therefore they could eventually develop new emotions (such as romantic love) 

so maybe Maku and Hewkii ahead of the game compared to the rest 

so therefore can you verify that romantic love was BECOMING canon?

ScribeGT6817 wrote:
Biomeca132 wrote:
ScribeGT6817 wrote:
 

I just wanted to say thank you a lot for answering our questions since the begining, and even until the rush of LMB's closure. Although I believe this constant sharing of informations between fans and creators may have altered Bionicle in some wrong ways, your dedication to this universe (and its fans) and your work to expand it are cleary memorable.
Thank you again.

4b) Okay, but why have the revived never spoken about it? I'm sure this kind of stories would have made A LOT speak about them.

As for your first point -- I have to disagree with you a little. While I am sure there are people who would have preferred a lot of the questions I answered NOT be answered, fact is it was their fellow fans asking the questions. To me, their desire to know is just as important as someone else's desire not to know. A lot of people like movie spoilers -- I don't, so I avoid them. No one was under some mandate to read my answers if they didn't want to know these things.

 

But some times ago, I think to recall you have stated the revived were supposed to keep all of their memories after their ressurection, including their death. So, another possible dysfonction in the process? Like some post-traumatic conditions altering the memory, maybe?

 

Don't get me wrong: I'm 100% agree with you on the "have the right to know" point. By "wrong ways", I was referring to the confusion about certain answers' validity and interpretations which have been debated at some points, and the issues involved for the wikis and the fans who write those wikis. And so, some fans would claim "that thing is canon, Greg said it!" and another group would respond "no, it's the opposite: you put words in his mouth!".

It wouldn't make sense for the Toa Hagah to have all been formed at the same time, Greg said that Teridax's Hagah had been in his service for only a few years, while Spiriah's had to have been formed 70,000+ YA.